Friday, November 21, 2008

A PRECIOUS GIFT FROM MY GRANDDAUGHTER !!



I would like to show and tell about a special gift from my Granddaughter , who is a Seminary Student at Southern Baptist Seminary in Kentucky.

She went on a tour of Israel two years ago and brought this nativity set from there. It is carved from an olive tree which grows in that area.

I will treasure this as one of my most special gifts and always remember the love with which it was given.

Melissa will soon graduate and will go into some ministry for the Lord. She is very special to me and a strong christian lady.

http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

I've never heard of a carving from an olive tree, how cool.

Sounds like Melissa is a special young lady and I wish her all the best in her minstry. Thank God for young people like her who carry their faith out to the nations!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love Nativity sets and yours is especially precious. Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. U said...

This is very pretty! And it's from Israel! Wow!! How neat is that?!!

Your granddaughter is such a sweet lady to give you this treasure.

His,
Mrs. U

A Hint of Home said...

What a very special and sweet gift.

Jules said...

That is one special gift! I love it's style and how it's made from an olive tree. Yes, treasure this always. Thanks for sharing!

JEWELGIRL said...

Welcome, and what a beautiful gift!

Creation College Planning Services said...

If it wasnt for my grandmother and grandfather, I would probably have never know Jesus Christ as my savior and Lord and I would have never had the blessing of going to Israel to study. This gift is small in comparison. I love you Nana!