Wednesday, August 5, 2009

~♥~WHATCHA' WORKIN' ON WEDNESDAY ~♥~

~♥~ WHATCHA' WORKIN' ON WEDNESDAY~♥~

Wednesdays roll around too fast..
Seems just like yesterday that it was Wednesday..
oh well, time flies when you're havin' fun.

Yesterday I was writing
checks to pay some bills when I
came across this familiar lookin' piece of mail.
What the heck is this , I said to myself?
oh yeah, I talk to myself..
Well on with my tale..
I looked at it real good and I see that it's my...

.OH MY GOODNES GRACIOUS ME !!
It's my " thingy" to get new car tags ~~~
NO IT CAN'T BE!!!!
THEY WERE DU
E ON JUNE 23~~~~

So I rush and get myself together and head out for Kennett to the license
bureau.
I carefully drive up there, cause don't want to get stopped police,
NO CAN'T HAVE THAT HAPPEN...
well I've only been driving FIVE WEEKS on expired license plates.
OH, MAURINE... HOW YOU DO GET Y
OURSELF INTO SOME MESSES !!

well I get there and go in and .." is this
the right place? only one person in here "
go up to the window and the nice little gal asks for my proof of insurance and
What?? My pr
operty tax reciept ??
Oh no... where is it... don't have it with me !!
So she says in a sweet little voice..
"Hon, you can go over to the court house and get a copy for only $1.00...
I go out and drive over to the court house...
so I tell them what I want and give her my address, phone number, date of birth and some other non-essential stuff
and a dollar and she gives me this piece of paper that I need to get
my tags !!
OK I go back to license bureau and finally get my two little "sticky 10's"
and go out and " stick 'em on"
and a bright idea hits m
e like a bolt o' lightening !!

"THE BIG FLEA MARKET IS JUST AROUND THE BLOCK"
and I'm by myself, nob
ody to bug me about time
so I'm off to the flea market..Yea.. woo hoo !!

I hadn't got to the back of the first isle when I was carryin'
this prim white narrow shelves
that I can see in my mind ...
black... yes, I'm gonna paint the
se black, sand 'em down
and let some of the old di
rty white show through..
OH HAPPY DAY !!!!

Well I go in a
little farther and
WHAT IS THAT I SEE??
IT IS.. it's an old flour sifter and right beside it is this perfect sized
old tea strainer...
OH !!! " Flea Market angels are smilin' on me today...
Gonna cut the handle off , put a knob on top and make me
a fly-cover .. it's already old and prim lookin'
well I can't carry no more,,.... so I take them up front and
ask the nice man at the cash register to hold them up there for me.

And before I could get to the third aisle , what was I carryin'
but this big, I mean big old antique clear heavy glass cookie jar..
My little ole flea market heart starts beatin'
"How many buttons will this hold ?" Yep, another antique
button jar !!
Am I in a flea market dream, or what !!
Is this gettin' too long for it to hold your attention
I may have to save the other series about
the old upright piano.... no, sillies, I didn't buy it !!
But we did have a concert... I mean it.. right there in the middle
of the big downtown flea market..

I was singin' all the way home with all my goodies and a song
in my heart..

I know you can't get as excited as I am but
OH WAIT !! I forgot one of the most important finds..

A BIG 15" CHEESE BOX IN PERFECT CONDITION
AND FOR ONLY $ 4.00
YES, IT'S TRUE.. ONLY $ 4.00
GONNA STAIN IT AND STENCIL SOMETHING PRIM ON IT !!
I'm out o' breath tellin all this good stuff !!

well , go by and check out Leslie today and see what kind of thingss
they're doin' over there.

Blessings,
Maurine

5 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Maurine you sure had a day for yourself!!!! At least you didn't get a fine for being late.

Love your new goodies.
Karen

Shannon Sisk said...

I just stumbled across your blog from the WWW on Leslie's blog. Wow!!! You had some great finds at the flea market! Can't wait to see the "after" pics.

Shannon

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

LOL- Maurine, you crack me up! :)
I'm glad too, that you didn't get pulled over! Good thing you're a careful and obedient driver! ;)

Great finds!! I just picked up a cheese box too-well mom did and she gave it to me-I am painting mine, have a black base coat on it now, and then I'm gonna choose a top coat color and stencil it too! Yours looks bigger and nicer than mine tho. :(
Can't wait to see yours all prettied up, too bad we weren't closer, we could work on 'em together ;)


Have a wonderful day...glad your "legal" again!!
xoxoxox

Leslie said...

I"m just getting caught up on the Wednesday posts! Bad Leslie

They say things happen for a reason, right? You were meant to find that bill and go through all of that to have an awesome time thrifting :)

At least you weren't like my Gran. She wanted to drive me to the DMV for my license this January because it expired and I didn't get there for three days. Now mind you, they expired the day after my Birthday, which was a Saturday, so they were closed Sunday and they were closed for Martin Luther King Day and I had to be home while the furnace guy checked out what was wrong with my furnace. Nobody cared. The guy at the DMV said that if that's the worst I've done, it's totally okay! LOL

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Nanna said...

that bench will be fantastic when you're done, I'm till working on what I was working on last wed. LOL guess my title will have to be still working on.... LOL LOL
Helen