Friday, April 9, 2010

~♥~ COVERED BOXES ~♥~

i started covering some of my cheese

boxes and ,,,, duhhh !! Fair, I guess !

I do love the colors and pattern of the

textures.

On this one i used "MOD-PODGE'

to put the fabric on with.

It holds well and goes on white but dries

clear.

The texture does tend to ravel some and you need to use small sharp scissors to trim

close to the edge.

Be sure it is completely dried before trimming.

O.K.  HERE IT IS !!divider07_thumb[1]

             texturedcoveredboxes005

Well.. here is my first one so you can be the judge.

I threw in a little "OLD-SOUL" DOLL.

I will be covering a few more with different fabrics.

So that will be all for tonight.

divider07_thumb[1]

 Blessings,

~ Maurine  ~

11 comments:

michelle said...

grear idea i just won fabric from baerfoot primitives i will give it a whirl.great job.luv the old chool doll.god bless michelle

nancy huggins said...

I love your covered box and I did make one with Americana print but can't remember if I used Mod podge but I liked the way it turned out. They are such fun to make and can't wait to see what you do next...Love the little doll next to her too. If I were the judge and giving you from 1 to 10...it would be a 12 :)
You did a good job

Twin Creek Primitives said...

Ooooooh..... loving it! It came out WONDERFUL! I have never tried it before, but after seeing yours, I am definitely going to! Thanks for sharing the pic and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Deb @ Crows on the Cupola said...

Your covered box is very nice, I would never guess it's your first one! Can't wait to see more and the other fabrics you are using. Love the sweet little doll too!
Deb :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

great job...love it.:)

basketsnprims said...

Very nice & I love your doll too. I have done the boxes & used modgepode, too. Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Pam

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

I love it Maurine :) Ya did a great job...I'm thinkin now, after seeing that, why bother w/stencils!
hehe!
Love the little doll too!

Have a wonderful weekend.
♥-ya

denise said...

they look wonderful. good job!!

~Judy~ said...

They turned out perfect!! I love the choice of fabrics and the little dool too. I'll have to try that myself.

The Gathering Room said...

Lovely!! I have always wanted to try to make one of these..you have inspired me! ( the doll is so sweet!)

My Colonial Home said...

Oh I love how this turned out! I was wondering if this kind of fabric would work and it did.
Great job.
Karen