Sunday, June 12, 2011

A DAY OF REST AND NO SEWING

 

This started out as a sewing week and then the bottom fell out.

Major  computer problems and on a brand new Dell…. virus,  and they took over controls on two different days and totally worked it over.. now the only thing wrong is the side by side pages and I cant cancel them out… oh well…as I told Helen, It’ll all come out in the wash…good advice to her but it don’t set too  well when it’s coming back to me.

The sewing war is at a standstill but it will pick up again as soon as Helen gets her computer going again.  From the way she described the problems I’m almost positive she has the same virus I had… No fun at all !!

But we won’t give up.. we’ll both be back waring again soon. You can’t keep two old southern gals down..

I have so many new patterns and even tho I have tons of fabric, I had to have Helen go to Birmingham to pick me up a couple yards of homespun.. LOL

Got this Jackie Schmidt pattern I want to make and needed brown/tan homespun for the dress.

Here’s my latest doll001

ain’t she the cutest little prairie gal?  she’s a Maureen Mills pattern and there’s another version of it but it requires a wooden block with holes drilled  in it.. Gotta have someone make that for me.

Boy did we have some kind of a storm yesterday afternoon and a strong sand storm blowing  but then it started raining and hard rain too. so finally everything settled down.

 

            so for now,

            Blessings,

             Maurine ♥

3 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Maurine...glad you are at least up and running with the computer and that it's not TOTALLY down.

You needed a day of rest anyway...you go a mile a minute! lol

Karen

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh those computer viruses are a pain in the neck, back, well... all over! I hope you get it fixed quick. Love your dollies:)
This weather is crazy isn't it?
xoxo~Carol

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

♥(((hugs)))♥
Hope things are running smoothly now in Hornersville! :)